The Tibet Policy Institute is a research center of the Central Tibetan Administration, located in the pristine hill of Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India. It was formally inaugurated by Sikyong Dr. Lobsang Sangay, the democratically elected political leader of Tibetan people on 15 February 2012.
The TPI strives to serve as an intellectual hub for Tibetan scholars across the globe and to become an internationally acclaimed platform for Tibetan scholars to articulate their argument on the issues concerning Tibet that will shape the perception of the international community and the policies of the various governments regarding Tibet and the Tibetan people.
The TPI also serves as a think tank to help the Kashag of the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) to identify potential prospects and problems for Tibet and the Tibetan people and offer possible solutions for the Kashag to make optimum use of the potential prospects or to effectively meet the potential challenges.
Tibet Policy Institute (TPI)
Central Tibetan Administration,
Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamsala,
District Kangra, (H.P.) India – 176215
E-mail: [email protected]
- Holds numerous conferences on the discourse of Tibet annually.
- Lectures by eminent experts on Tibet and China.
- Published bi-annual Tibet Policy Journals in English and Tibetan.
- Lhakar Presentation by Fellows on every Wednesday to present their working papers.
- Publish commentaries, articles, Reports, Monographs, Books on issues related to Tibet.
- Presentations by research fellows in India and abroad
- Regular Interactive sessions with experts and scholars at the Tibet Policy Institute.