CONFERENCE OF YOUNG INDIAN SCHOLARS ON TIBETAN STUDIES
‘Guru-Chela Relationship: Bonds between India and Tibet’
22-24 January 2019
The Tibet Policy Institute is hosting the First Conference of Young Indian Scholars on Tibetan Studies at Dharamshala from 22-24 January 2019. The theme of the conference is Guru-Chela Relationship: Bonds between India and Tibet’. The Registration calls upon young Indian research scholars who are affiliated with universities, research centers and think tanks in India and abroad. With the backdrop of centuries old relationship of Guru and Chela between Tibet and India, many young Indian students and researchers are taking interest in studying Tibetan studies. This conference primarily aims to connect, build networks and strengthen research interest on Tibetan studies.
- 1. Interested participants are requested to submit Registration form before Wednesday, 31st October 2018 along with the abstract paper.
- 2. Fill in Online Registration Form, Registration form is also available in www.tibetpolicy.net
- 3. Young Indian research scholars pursuing Ph.D. and M.Phil. Program, and those who are affiliated to research institutions are eligible to apply.
- 4.One Reference letter from the Department/Center/School/University and Institute where you are affiliated is required.
- 5.Curriculum Vitae is required.
- 6. Abstract of the paper is required.
- 7. Lodging and food will be arranged by the organizer.
- 8 Selected applicants from abroad are required to bear their own travel expenses. However, their round trip bus travel expenses from Delhi to Dharamshala will be reimbursed by the conference organizer.
Guideline for paper submission
- 1. Abstract should be written in English.
- 2. Abstract should be between 200-350 words and must include the author’s name, institutional affiliation together with the title of the paper.
- 3. Abstracts will be evaluated by a committee and selected presenters will be notified by Monday, 12 November 2018.
- 1. Full paper shall be accepted till 5pm, Monday, 31 December, 2018.
- 2. The full paper should be in between 3000-3500 words. Font size:12
- 3. Font Type in English: Times New Roman. Line spacing:1.5 Format: Word page size: A4
- 4. Papers must be in English. Same applies for presentation.
- 5. Additional queries about the conference can be addressed to: Mr. Tenzin Lekshay, Deputy Director, Tibet Policy Institute, Tel: 8851822990 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org