The Tibet Policy Institute (TPI) will organize the 3rd Young Indian Research Scholars’s Conference on Tibetan Studies through virtual meeting from 17-19 October 2022, by bringing together young Indian scholars from the Indian subcontinent to present their research papers under the broad theme of Tibet, the Himalaya and India.
The objective of the Conference is not only to explore challenges, but to exchange ideas and perspectives on the historical significance of Indo-Tibet relation and the future way forward.
Before China’s military invasion of Tibet in 1949, the borders between Tibet and South Asian countries were open, undemarcated and porous that witnessed exchange of ideas, cultures, goods and people without restriction.
With the establishment of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) in 1949 and the invasion of Tibet by means of brutal military force, the once dynamic connection and the interrelation built between Tibet and Himalayan regions came to a halt.
Subsequently, the border between India and Tibet became one of the most militarized zones in the world. In this context, most of the postcolonial scholars in South Asia have increasingly perceived and dealt with Tibet, India and China Conflicts as a matter of security and strategy, rather than political, trade, religious and cultural bonds with Tibet for centuries ago.
Therefore, the Tibet Policy Institute would like to invite Indian scholars to present their research papers in the Conference with the given themes:
Sub-themes of the Conference
- States, Borders, Geopolitics
- Buddhism, Community, Exchange
- Language, Gender and Films
- Climate Change, Sacred Lands and Ecology
- Trade, Commerce, Reciprocity
- Development, Environment and Security
- Migration, Reconciliation, Resilience
Guidelines for Paper submission:
- Interested participants are requested to submit their abstract before 15th August 2022. (250–300 words)
- A short Curriculum Vitae must be attached along with the application (mobile number needed).
- Abstracts will be evaluated by a committee and selected presenters will be notified by 20 August 2022.
- Selected presenters must submit their full research paper by 15 October 2022. (3000-5000 words)
- All submissions must send through the email address: [email protected]
TPI would like to acknowledge an honorarium of Rs. 5,000/- for those whose research papers are selected for the journal publication.
For further queries, please contact the conference coordinator:
Dr. Tsewang Dorji & Dhondup Wangmo
Email: [email protected]
Contact No.: 9003081576, 7807834583