- M.Phil. or Ph.D. candidate in humanities (political science, IR, history, economics, global politics and environmental science)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Proficiency in Tibetan and Chinese preferred)
- Keen interest in China and Tibet studies
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work individually and with teams
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Duration of the visiting fellowship programme will be three to six months; (can be extended for another six months after a consensus with the director and the deputy director of TPI if the fellow wish so)
- Short-form: Contribute with a bimonthly commentaries (800 words) for our website;
- Long-form: Deliver a research paper (10,000 words). Final paper to be published in the TPI journal and website;
- Major responsibilities include conducting research on political, economic, and strategic issues in Tibet;
copyeditors and proofreaders;
- Selected scholars will be required to submit a progress report of the research project at the end of six weeks and a complete research report along with a seminar presentation of the research findings at the end of three-month stay. Failure to submit a progress report on time may lead to the termination of the fellowship program.
- Office hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- The scholar will get a dedicated work station at TPI, and access to all our administrative facilities, including secretarial services, computer, office supplies, librarian and research assistant (if required).
- The scholar will have access to our internal and external network;
- TPI will not be able to provide the Visiting Fellows residential facilities during the visiting fellow’s fellowship programme at the institute. For Tibetan scholars, it can be arranged by applying for the programme through Tibet corps.
- Selected Tibetan scholars will be paid a minimal stipend of Rs.10000/- per month if the fellow is selected through the Tibet corps office.
- The scholar will have to arrange for their own travel funding.
Please submit one original and one copy of a complete application consisting of the following:
- Two reference letters from your concern institution or department.
- A Statement of Purpose and Intent explaining how this Fellowship will benefit the scholar, The Statement of Purpose should clearly state the intended duration and starting date of fellowship.
- Dissertation abstract
- Curriculum vitae
- Completed applications are to be mailed or emailed at least 3 months prior to intended date of joining to:
Tibet Policy Institute
Central Tibetan Administration
Distt. Kangra, H.P.
Email: [email protected]