5th Young Tibetan Research Scholars’ Conference
September 1 - September 3
The Tibet Policy Institute is hosting the 5th Young Tibetan Research Scholars’ Conference from 22-24 August 2019. The Registration call upon young Tibetan research scholars pursuing Ph.D. and M.Phil. Program, affiliated to universities in India and abroad, and research fellows of various research institutions to present their research papers.
This year, the conference will be an academic exploration on the theme of Sixty Years of China’s Occupation of Tibet and Tibetans in Exile. We invite Tibetan scholars early in their academic career to submit and present papers related to the theme. This is a slight departure from the theme of our earlier conferences, although we continue provide platform for Tibetan scholars to articulate and explore on part of broader theme of our earlier conferences — challenges and opportunities. Your participation is valued and indispensable.
1) Leadership and governance in Tibet
2) Infrastructure development in Tibet and its implications
3) Tibetan Environment
4) Culture and Language
5) Social, Political and Economic study on Tibet
6) BRI and Tibet
7) Modern Tibetan History
1) CTA and Governance
2) Culture and Education
3) Socio-Economic sustenance
4) Tibet Movement/Support/International Engagement
- Interested participants are requested to submit Registration form before Friday, 07th June 2019 along with the abstract paper.
- Incase Online Registration Form is not preferred, then Registration form can be downloaded from the TPI website, www.tibetpolicy.net
- Tibetan research scholars pursuing Ph.D. and M.Phil. Program, affiliated to universities in India and abroad, and research institutions are eligible to apply.
- Presenter’s travel and lodging expenses will be reimbursed by the TPI.
- Selected applicants from abroad are required to bear their own travel expenses. However, travel within India will be reimbursed by the Conference organizer.
Guideline for paper submission
- Abstract should be written either in Tibetan or in English.
- Abstract should be between 200-350 words and must include the author’s name, institutional affiliation together with the title of the paper.
- Abstracts will be evaluated by a committee and selected presenters will be notified by Friday, 14 June 2019.
- Full paper shall be accepted till 5pm, Friday, 2 August, 2019.
- The full paper should be in between 3000-3500 words. Font size:12
- Font Type in English: Times New Roman. Line spacing:1.5 Format: Word page size: A4
- Font Type in Tibetan: Monlam Uni Oochan 2. Line Spacing 1.5 Format: Word page size: A4
- Papers could be either in English or Tibetan. Same applies for presentation.
- Additional queries about the conference can be addressed to: Mr. Tenzin Lekshay, Deputy Director, Tibet Policy Institute, Tel: 8851822990 Email: [email protected]